Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thoughts on the Lopez Tonight - Conan Debacle

Okay, so unless you've been living under a rock today, you've already heard that TBS abruptly cancelled Lopez Tonight (due to icky ratings) and tomorrow will be the last show. 

So of course people are all pointing at Conan O'Brien and are all "OMG he did the same thing to George Lopez that Jay Leno did to him!!!! What a hypocrite."

To that I say pshaw.  I know it makes for a dramatic story folks, but Conan didn't "screw" George Lopez over.  Why?  Because when TBS approached Conie last year to move his show to their network, he said no because he didn't want to do that to George Lopez. Then, GL himself called Conan and said please come to TBS I think it would be a good thing for ALL of us if you did.

So tell me folks.  What did Conan do wrong? And why exactly is he a hypocrite? Huh? Huh? Huh?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:23 PM

    Karma you cheat on your wife after she gives you a kidney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia8:44 PM

    George just wasn't funny...the Mexican jokes got old fast ( I'm Mexican ) and I just wasn't laughing. Sorry George king of late night in my view is Jimmy Fallon

    ReplyDelete