Monday, November 22, 2010

Real Houswevies of Atlanta (RHOA) Rundown - Check You


G-O-O-G-L-E Me... (no seriously, I need some search engine optimization for real up in here).

Season 3, Episode 8.  Ladies, I'm gonna have to check you.  Let's get to it...

Phaedra
  • Please tell me this "lawyer" did not just say that the lady fingers are filled with "barbarian cream" what in the, WHAT?
  • Phaedra, we aren't stupid.  In the early scenes, we know that you told your doctor and your husband to go along with this whole "36 weeks but full term" nonsense on camera because you're hiding a deep, dark soap opera secret about that baby.
  • Admitting Nurse: "how many weeks are you?" Phaedra: "I don't know" hmmmm.......
  • OOHHH!!! 28 min in and the doctor finally sells Phaedra out!!! "You're at 40 weeks" mmm hmmmmm. He couldn't lose sleep over these lies anymore (or he couldn't keep track)
  • Favorite Phaedra quote (aside from barbarian cream): "The first time I looked at him, he just looked Chinese to me"
Kandi:
  • 30 min. in and I still don't have anything interesting to write about Kandi yet. She's kind of like the glue that holds the storylines together but that's about it.

Nene:
  • I love that Nene put on her best "Working Girl" Melanie Griffith shoulder-padded blazer and marched down to the local TV station to get herself a job.  Go on with your independent woman self Nene.
  • Nene has celebrities on speed dial, just in case you didn't know. 
  • Once you piss off Michael Lohan, you're pretty much black-balled. Guess Nene doesn't know that yet. 
Kim:
  • Out of what gutter did you pick up that orange wig you dusted off and gave to Kandi???
  • Just fyi, a high school biology class does not constitute a nursing degree
  • Kim, why did your "can I smoke in the car?" (Kandi: "no") "then I ain't coming" make me laugh so hard I near fell off the couch? Kim is so relaxed but in your face about everything. My brain doesn't know how to make sense of it.
Sheree:
  • Look at Sheree  talking up Tyee (of finger licking Tyee fame) because her ex-husband is in ear shot.  Obvious, but entertaining.
  • Finally, 40 minutes in, Tyee shows up!! happy dance. Wait, what's up with his sandals? I mean, the fact that he's wearing sandals - with a blazer and trousers.
  • Okay, is it just me or did you kinda feel bad for the feller as the entire group grilled him about this "Dr." nonsense. 
  • BRB, going to get my online doctor certification at the Eastern Southern Illinois College.
  • UPDATE: Forgot to mention I just read that damn Aston Martin Sheree flaunted up and down the streets this episode has already been repossessed. SMH
Closing thoughts:
Okay guys, I'm a Dr. now! Phew, it was a hard 7 minutes, but I persevered.  Just printed out my diploma and everything. 
  • Favorite quote from upcoming scenes
    • Dr Tyee (to Sheree): "prove that you're a woman"
  • Lisa: I see what you did there. Your name isn't bolded here, but it sure looks like you're trying hard to get back into that status.....  

 For more Housewives/Bravo commentary, check out Andy Cohen, Can We Twalk and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills - Check You.

No comments:

Post a Comment